Wednesday, March 9, 2011

And here we are.

Well, it's Day 2 of the Mighty Migraine.

You know, I am really tired of this. Not to be throwing the TMI card, but it happens once a month. Yeah, I know I need to get myself to see a doc. I really have no excuse now. I do have insurance.

It's just the fact we still have no car that makes a lot of things awkward. It turns something that should possibly take 30 minutes into a 2 hour or longer event.

And having no car is really affecting my sleep. I have to get up 2 hours before my shift so I can be there on time.

Yes, I know that others do it, take the bus to work and all that. But...and I cannot believe I'm going to admit this, I'm not 20 anymore. I work an overnight job 5 nights a week. It's taxing on me.

Don't get me wrong. I love my job. When I'm not dragging ass, that is.

But that's the problem. Like today, I just kept waking up. An hour or so here and there. It's ridiculous.

Oh well. There are things to look forward to so I shouldn't complain too much, yeah?

Like St. Pats and cornbeef, mmm. Even though we'll have to do it on the Sunday before, or the following Sunday. Just because I have Sundays off. I'm sure the family won't care.

That is one thing that has evolved and is pretty nice. Well, usually. Sunday nights have become family night. I cook, we relax and Jack does the radio show.

Except this last Sunday. I had a friend of mine come over and we went to Dave and Buster's. We didn't get back until 11pm. Oops. But he and I had a really good time together. No one was upset, just being smart alecks. "Where's dinner, Mom?" that kind of thing.

But no worries.

I am going to go back to writing my story now. Just wanted to check in.

Until next time...

No comments: