Sunday, February 1, 2009

October 3rd, 2009 (no turning back now)

Okay, since we may have to scale back quite a bit, I have thought of a few places to hopefully have our wedding/reception. These are possibles if I can make them work.

The first back-up that I thought of was kind of silly as it has been staring me in the face. Yes, we had the plan of getting married at Forest Lawn in Glendale. Why? It's a cemetery and a very pretty church. But wow, so expensive.

SOOOOOO....c'mon. It's in October, and we have a spectacular place that is already going to be decorated during that time of year. It's our second favorite amusement park.

Knott's Scary Farm!

I know, huh? I discovered it may not be too much either. Here's the link:
http://www.knotts.com/group/wedding/index.shtml

Now since I am a Haunt veteran, I do know that more than likely, we would have to have the reception in the Chicken Dinner restaurant. You know how I know? Well, during Haunt Auntie Pasta's is used for the pre-dinners, The Ballroom has a show in it, and Wilderness Dance Hall usually has a maze inside it.

But oh wow. How fun would that be? We could have our wedding and get pictures with some monsters! Yay!

AND.. on Monday (tomorrow) I am going to call the PR department that we dealt with for the Haunt show last year. She had said we were welcome back anytime. If I can present it as a Haunt/wedding promo, we may get to do it for a lesser price or free!

We were planning on doing another Haunt show anyhow. It's The Darkest Hours Wedding Special at Knott's Scary Farm! Ooh, I like the sound of that.

I will do my best to persuade the powers that be. Then all I would have to worry about is my dress and oh the food. Wish me luck on that.

My second idea was to really try to save money and see if my Mom's friend Judy would be willing to let us use her backyard. It is already decorated so cool. We could just throw a few more Halloweeny type props in there and it would be awesome. It would more than likely be a potluck, but everyone loves to cook and I'm sure we would have plenty for all.

The only issue with that is I would have to cut my guest list so much. But hey, I'm sure I will get a sign soon.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: