Saturday, May 16, 2009

It has been a heck of a week

I know, I know. Where's Ruthie's updates, I'm sure you're asking. Well, here we go. So I come into work on Wed. for a training meeting. We all find out our GM has been let go that day. So of course everyone freaks out about it. Me, I sit back and figure well, if you are doing your job, you have nothing to worry about.

Or if the owners decide to just get rid of everyone, then you deal with it. That's just how it is. The only problem is that there are some shady dealings going down and I am trying so desperately not to get shoved into the middle. I found out that some other staff members were saying that I should be gotten rid of if layoffs are to happen.

Yeah. Well, it's because I am actually a threat. Go figure. I am just doing my job, people. Yes, I do want to move up and expand my knowledge, okay? But wow, it is getting so Spy vs. Spy vs. Spy, it's crazy. Everyone wants tabs on everyone else.

I don't know what to do except I will tell anyone that tries to sway me that I am loyal to the company and anything dealing with upper management should be handled by upper management. I cannot and will not be forced to write any documentation or say anything to the contrary.

If I get fired, so be it. I am looking out for what's best for the hotel, not myself. That's what matters to me. Doing my best to help make it a success, not get involved in drama. So I will take my reduced hours for now in total confidence that it will all straighten out soon.

Keep your fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Work polotics - suck! I feel bad for you. I wish you luck! Keep us posted.

Cheers!

suzanne said...

So many jobs I've had have been spoiled by workplace politics.

Hope it works out for the best for you :)