Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another idea is brewing


Ooh, look treasure!


Here's what was really inside. Hehe

I was reading another blog that I follow and I left a message on it. It got me to thinking..what a great idea!

The person stated that they had thought about just taking one of their Halloween props and setting it up on a semi lonely road to leave there. So that way someone would look out the window and wonder who left that ghost floating there?

I was told about geo-caching by a friend of mine. This sounds like it could be a branch of that if nurtured. I haven't really researched it, but basically you bury an object, put in the GPS coordinates and someone goes to find it. Ah, but there's a catch.

If you find and take the object, you have to leave something in return.

So, that would be so fun to take an old Halloween decoration, place it in a box and bury it for others to enjoy. Then you could track where it's been.

Or if someone decided to keep it, they could. Again, as long as they replace it with another treasure.

I don't think geo-caching is that tailored, and I am really thinking that would be really great. Especially if you had to take a pic and post it after you found it.

And it could be for any holiday!

The only 2 downsides I could see would be if someone just took stuff or if someone didn't wrap their offering properly and it got ruined.

But hey, that's treasure hunting. Sometimes you get diamonds, sometimes you get a box full of sand.

1 comment:

Molly said...

LOL!!!

I'm not sure I get it, but it sounds like a cute idea.

Hope you find diamonds!!