Saturday, December 6, 2008

Awww, romantic Christmas mushy stuff

So today at work I have Christmas music playing and I heard the sweetest song ever. It made me think of my sister and her hubby. It is sung by Eva Cassidy, I believe. Here are the lyrics:

It's Not The Presents
Here it is Christmas again this year
Everyone's filled with the season's good cheer
This is my Christmas love song to you
For your holiday spirit all the year through
Snow may not fall but it matters not
The one thing I want I've already got

'Cause it's not the presents under my tree
It's your presence right here next to me

Gifts wrapped with ribbons don't mean a thing
My greatest gift is I'll wear your ring
To see in your eyes and what's in your heart
That's to know we'll never be apart
And to share each day of the year with you
Makes all my Christmas dreams come true

'Cause it's not the presents under my tree
It's your presence right here next to me

Yes that means more than a Christmas of white
Colored lights twinkling ever so bright
And when they sing of that Christmas of blue
I feel so fortunate about you
Each day of the year you brighten my life
And I thank the Lord on this Christmas Eve night'

Cause it's not the presents under my tree
It's your presence right here next to me

I don't look for presents under my tree
Only your presence right here next to me

I shrunk the words so they wouldn't take up the whole page. But yeah, it makes me miss my sister. A lot. I really want to see how beautiful their house is this year. I'm sure it looks so pretty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right on Ruthie, it is the perfect Christmas love song for Molly and Paul. But then, I think it is also the perfect song for you and Jack. Having the right person by your side makes all the difference, remember? Loving you all, Mama