Saturday, November 29, 2008

I love my family! (and extended family too)

Yesterday we had Thanksgiving at our house. It was so nice and everyone had a great time. Keith and Alex had spent the night on Thursday and were very excited about the feast that was going to come.

And a feast it was! We had turkey, a small ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, dinner rolls, olives, corn, bacon wrapped breadsticks, deviled eggs, Mom's veggie dip w/vegs, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, pecan pie AND a dessert that Nadine made from Cool Whip, Jello mix and fruit cocktail. Very sweet!

Yes, in addition to my kiddos, my friend Amanda came over as well as Nadine and Jesse. I have to say it was the most relaxing Thanksgiving I have ever had. And since it was the first in our place, it made it even better.

I didn't take any pics because I was too busy enjoying everyone's company. I made sure to keep up with the dishes that I cooked with and everybody ate from plastic, so I didn't have a major mess to clean so that was awesome.

Jenefur of course was baffled and didn't know what to do as this was so much excitement at once. I mean, food in the kitchen and people inside? Wow, I laughed at her a lot. It's a good feeling to know that folks are in your heart and sharing time together is that fulfilling.

Now we are getting ready to film our Christmas show so I can decorate my house. Yeah, we're using that incredible tree Mom got for us on the set. It's going to be famous! But there's no point in putting it up in the house until after Wednesday, so that's what I am doing. Oh boy, this show is the show of shows. Jack has so much planned. I just am crossing my fingers that we can make it work.

On a plus side, I am off Wed, Thurs and Fri this week. I can get the house all pretty for Christmas. YAY! In my own special way, of course. Now that I will definitely take pictures of.

1 comment:

Molly said...

I can't wait to see the the pics.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time.